The WaterInTime is a self watering device that distributes water to plants only when it is needed depending on the soil moisture. You only need to setup on which level of moisture it should water a plant and what volume of water should be used on it.
- Device is equipped with a soil moisture sensor with 2 probing rods(1) made from stainless steel.
- Device is fed by 2 AA batteries. This energy can pour more than 50 liters of water (depends on the brand of batteries). It is sufficient for more than a half-year service for medium-sized plant.
- Device is equiped with a soaker hose(2) which distributes water evenly around a plant.
- Build-in light sensor(3) prevents the micropump be turned on when there is no light. So the sound of motor will not disturb you at a night time.
- Device takes water from any container you provide. The income hose(4) is featured with a filter(5) to save the micropump from being cloded.
- The Volume handle(6) regulates how much water is poured at once. It is graded from 10 ml up to 2 liters. By Volume you can regulate pauses between waterings - the more volume you choose the more pause will be.
- On/off switch(7) is easily accessible. After turning off you should wait 20 seconds before turning on device again.
- The Status led(8) and build-in dynamic informs when it is time to add water or change batteries.
- The Set button(9) is used to setup device. It is hidden to prevent accident pressing and can be accessed using match or any little stick.
1. Place 2 AA batteries (better rechargeable ones).
2. Push steel rods into the sockets.
3. Connect income and outcome hoses.
4. Mount device on the pot.
5. Place the soaker hose between rods. It is important that the beginning of the green part of hose should be between rods.
6. Place incoming hose into a water container (vase, bottle or something else). It's important that the level of water in container must be lower than the soaker hose.
7. Turn on device moving switch to the left. The Status led should light permanently - this indicates that device has no settings.
8. Setup the volume of water be poured.
9. Press Set button using match or any other appopriate thing. Device will pour a plant. The Status led will be blinking: 3 blinks - 3 seconds delay - 3 blinks - .... On this state device is "adapting" for soil and watering circumstances.
10. Leave the soil to dry up. Regulary check soil moisture and when it dries enough to water it again - press the Set button once more.
Device will save the value of soil moisture and pour a plant second time. After that device will work in automatic mode, watering plant each time the soil moisture will reach saved level. The Status led will be turned off. You can change the amount of pouring water by Volume handle. Also you can change the saved level of soil moisture by repeating steps 9 and 10.
Important: You shouldn't
|Permanently turned on
||Device has not set up.
|Permanently turned off
||Device has been set up and works in automated mode.
|Blinking: 3 blinks - 3 seconds - 3 blinks - ...
||Setup is not finished. Wait till soil moisture reaches the needed level and press Set button.
|Blinking: 1 blink - 3 seconds - 1 blink - ...
||1 signal - 10 minutes - 1 signal
||Low batteries. Change batteries as soon as possible.
|Blinking: 2 blinks - 3 seconds - 2 blinks - ...
||2 signals - 10 minutes - 2 signals
||No water. Refill the water reservoir. Then turn off device, wait 20 seconds and turn on it again.